Monday, October 4, 2010

Been Busy

I know I've made a few posts lately, but none with real updates on how we are doing so here ya go.

Genevieve is doing good. She has finally cut several teeth(3) and is working on a couple more. She's cruising around holding on the furniture and will be walking around in no time at all. Genevieve has already started refusing to eat jarred food and prefers to eat whatever we are. Genevieve had a DRs appointment on September 7th. She was 18lbs 12oz, 28in long, and had a 16.5in head. I think they messed up on measuring her head, because that is smaller than I remember at her 6mo appointment. Her pediatrician was concerned about her weight anymore, so we are all good in that department.

Dianna is doing really good with potty training and hasn't had an accident in several days. I guess if she makes it to Saturday, we can consider her potty trained. =)

I'm doing good too. I have an interview with UPS tomorrow morning. It'd be a hard job, but it would be a little extra money in our pocket and some time away from the girls to regain my sanity. Granted it's the presort shift(3a-9am), so it would definitely jack with our schedule. The girls and I would have to be in bed, asleep, no later than 10pm. We'll see how well I can stand getting up at 2am.

Mike is doing good as well. His back is doing better, and the PT has said that they have done all they can for him. The back DR gave him a referral to a chiropractor, so we are waiting to hear if it was approved. His 25th birthday is next Monday, so it's time to see if I can come up with a good homemade present for him before then.

We aren't really happy with the apartment complex we are living in, so we were looking for a house that we could lease/rent-to-own but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. We are going to be in this complex until at least the car is paid off, which will probably be at tax time. I think we will probably get a minivan before we get a house, because a minivan is going to be cheaper than a house, unless it is a foreclosure. I think what we will do is save up for a minivan until 2012 or 2013, so we can just buy it straight out.

I am a dodo. I totally forgot my original reason for this post until about 3 or 4 hours after I originally posted it. We are trying to save some money and concentrate on other more important things in our lives, so we are disconnecting U-Verse and internet until after tax time. That means unless a neighbor is nice enough to let us hijack their wireless, the only time we will be able to connect is at my dad's house. I'll be over there 1x a week(at least) until my grandma leaves to go back home just before Thanksgiving. We will still be able to post status updates for Facebook from Mike's cell phone, but that is all it is good for.

No comments:

Post a Comment