Saturday, May 22, 2010

This week

I've been working on this post for almost 4 days, because I keep getting interrupted and it takes a while to get back here.

I got a bunch of cleaning and sorting done. A BUNCH of the girls' clothes have been sitting in plastic containers in the closet waiting to be sorted and hung up. I got almost all of that done, except for some clothes that need to be paired.

I found out on Saturday that our bassinet was recalled almost 2 years ago. Our crib was recalled last summer, but we hadn't replaced it and were waiting on the repair kit. So I took them both back to Wal-mart and traded them in for a new one. Genevieve has taken a couple short naps in it, so I guess she likes it. Dianna definitely likes it, because she has tried to climb into it several times. Here is a picture of the old one.

Our 1 year anniversary was yesterday, and except for Dianna being a bit of a pain in the butt several times, it was a WONDERFUL day. I went to bed with Genevieve at a reasonable hour Saturday night, but Mike stayed up a little later and put out my anniversary card so I would see it in the morning. I got up early so I could get "gussied up". I do have to say I picked the perfect dress, as it was very flattering. Mike even dressed up some to go to church, so I knew something was up especially after he told me to make sure I was in the sanctuary at the start of the sermon. He wrote and read the sweetest thank you note/testimony in front of the whole congregation! Our pastor and his wife took us out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant they frequent, and boy was it good! After lunch, we went to Wal-mart and bought some plants and flowers for our garden. It's small, but it should be manageable and will be pretty when everything starts sprouting.

We ate at Denny's for dinner, and then dropped the girls off at my dad's house for a couple of quiet child free hours. We got to spend some quality time together, and Mike loved the indoor grilling book I got him. He has SO MANY ideas now for new things to try. The girls fell asleep on the way home, so we all got to go to bed at a reasonable hour. We dug the top tier of our wedding cake out of the freezer on Saturday to defrost and both had a piece we went to bed. It still tasted good.

Mike went back to the doctor yesterday, and got a copy of his records because we aren't satisfied with the quality of treatment he is receiving there. I read a copy of the MRI information that the company sent, and it mentioned some dehydration and bulging in a couple of spots. He was referred to an orthopedic doctor, so hopefully this doctor will be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment